Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Positioning Group Presents: CollegeBoy Bowl-ing...

CollegeBoy here with a look at this year's bowl season...which will be wholly inadequate.

You see, with the exception of the Boise State game (which I was lucky to watch, and very thankful), Rutgers (my old school), the USC-Michigan game (which I stopped watching), the Notre Dame-LSU game (which I stopped watching as well, thoroughly impressed with JaMarcus Russel, however, who could prove to be a poor man's Vince Young next season), and maybe a smattering of other games, I really didn't watch too many games. So the full title of this posts is simply, CollegeBoy Bowl-ing over in disgust...

Honestly, there are only so many times I can harp on the same topic. Was the Boise State game incredible? Of course it was. And there were other good moments this year as well, there always are--Texas Tech pulling out a win after Minnesota ran up the score was memorable, as was the Oregon St. game, the Navy game VS BC, and so on--but it just boggles the mind how we do not have a college tournament in place for football. Even something as silly as a 4-team playoff would improve the game immensely...

It's time to give the people what they want. Sure the Bowl games make a lot of money, but I don't understand why there can't be a compromise. And until a playoff system is put in place, consider me a somewhat bored observer, who checks out the games when they are on--especially during the regular season, which I still love--but when it's time for next year's Champs Sports Bowl, don't expect much of a comment from me. Unless something incredible happens...a.k.a. Boise State. But there are only so many games like that...

And how much better would it have been if they advanced in a tournament on a win like that? (me screaming in frustration)...but all right people. Enjoy the "title" game. Like we're gonna keep listening to these BCS machines tell us what to do and who to play. Come on people...we're the humans. We're the masters. Let's have a tournament already...apologies for the small print, but this is me grumbling to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home