Friday, December 15, 2006

Positioning Group Presents: CollegeBoy NBA/NHL Thoughts

All right, who is not talking about the Suns streak? They're two games away from tying their franchise mark, and not only will they win their next two games, but they'll surpass that mark by at least three or four games. They don't have a challenge until Dec. 28th in Dallas, and I must say that you heard it here first--the Suns streak ends in Dallas. If I were you, I would bet your whole retirement savings on the game. Since I am CollegeBoy, however, I would strongly recommend for you to not do that--nor would I ever recommend you to do that. 20/20, or one of those investigative shows, did a program about scams and how easy it was to get people to give away all of their life savings. Personally, it makes no sense to me. The scams they profiled were all such bogus scams, all sent over email, from the likes of Nigerian drug runners, Steve Irwin's widow, the King of AbuDabi, etc. Right. I'm gonna believe that, but people do.

Listen people, if you're gonna lose your life savings, you might as well go to Vegas and gamble it all away on drugs and whores--because, hey, you never know. But even this is highly ridiculous. Listen to our catch phrase people, play smart and stay sharp. That's the way we run our ship. Giving all of your money to people who contact you over the internet, well, that's the exact opposite of staying sharp and playing smart. But where the hell was I?

Right, the Suns. December 28th. Mark your calendars. The Suns will lose.

So Richard Jefferson has some skeletons in the closet, huh?

And someone, I am begging the NBA gods, please, please, please force a trade for AI already. Anywhere. Trade him to Europe. I'm tired of having my video game be the only place to see AI rip it up on the court. How terrible.

Terrible like the Eastern Conference? Um...I think that's a toss-up.

Am I the only one who really likes what's happening in Charlotte? If I lived down there, I'd be going to all of their games. They have an exciting team, young, and while they are still trying to figure out how to mesh and play ball, I think in two or three years (as a lot of people think), we're gonna be seeing a new Eastern Conference power emerge.

Which isn't saying much, if you think about it.

How awesome is Boozer? And the Jazz. Exciting times again in Utah.

And the Lakers. I must admit, I'm mildly surprised. I figured they would improve on last year, but this has been much better than expected. Of course, 16 games at home VS 7 on the road may help with that, so don't be too happy just yet.

Lakers VS Suns, first round. Do it, NBA gods.

Yao Ming. All your fantasy owners say a big old "xie xie."

I hope that's Chinese for thank you.

And switching over to some random NHL observations...

Sidney Crosby is just flat out ridiculous. Of course, he's no Gretzky, but who is. After seeing some of his highlights, though, this is exactly what the NHL needs. A bunch of young talent ripping it up. That strike truly did hurt, but the thing is, humans have a tendency to forget. No hockey was played two years ago? Now 3? Now 4? Now 5? It wasn't a big deal, and it didn't really hurt the league. While an NFL strike would cripple America (slight exaggeration there, but seriously, it is "the sport"), hockey is more of a window dressing sport. We all love to see crazy highlights--that is, not true fans of hockey--and are we ever getting them.

Don't worry, NHL fans. The league is just fine.

For NHL standards, that is.

When did Nashville get good? Was I awake for that?

And when was St. Louis good? I seriously can't remember. I sort of remember Brett Hull and Curtis Joseph doign all right over there, but the memory is fuzzy.

See what I was saying?

A couple good years in St. Louis, and this will all be a bad dream.

Maybe.

I hate Robert Luongo. I'm going against him in my hockey league, and yes I play fantasy hockey, and he just went off. What an ass.

I still maintain my stance that the Devils are winning this year.

Trust me.

Only team that can beat them is the Ducks, and I have a feeling the Ducks aren't making the finals.

Would I bet my life savings on it?

I would strongly consider it. While strongly not recommending it.

But I would drop a couple sawbucks on it if I could. Any takers out there in the blogosphere?

Hello. Is anybody out there?

I feel like I'm at a Devils game sometimes. How terrible is it when a home stadium is just, well, not good. That's the best adjective I could come up with, not good. Lately, there seem to be more and more not good stadiums. Sure they look fine, sure they have every possible modern convenience built into them, but they're still not good.

You can't build a good stadium. It has to grow.

That's the problem with a lot of the world these days, and not just in sports. People are afraid to let things grow. Well, that's a talk for a whole 'nother day. For now, and I repeat, stay sharp and play smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home