Monday, November 20, 2006

Power Position Betting Week 11 Quick Hits

I'd like to take a second and travel back in time, to the Power Positioning Group's fantasy football draft guide:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson, CHARGERS

Most experts have LJ and Alexander going one-two, with LT dominating the third slot, but I put Tomlinson first overall. Consistently nasty, he is able to single-handedly win games (remember that game against the Redskins last year?). Furthermore, with a young quarterback in Rivers, Tomlinson is going to see his catches (already high) go up, and as long as you give LT the ball, good things happen to the Chargers and his fantasy owner. Lastly, it is also my personal belief that we haven’t seen the best of Tomlinson yet…and that’s a scary thought. If I have first pick, I’m taking Tomlinson.

Are you scared yet? Not to pat myself on the back, but for the second consecutive week, LT has scored 4 touchdowns in one game. This game also saw him break the mark as the quickest player to 100 career touchdowns. He simply is the best football player in the league, without a question.

Question: when it's time for the Madden team to pick a new cover, will they have the heart to break LT? Thing is, and you hear it here first, if there is ever a player to break the Madden curse, it's LT. He's King Arthur, a modest lad, sauntering up to that sword stuck in the rock and it just slips out easy...

Speaking of Madden, he talked a lot about LT as a "great" person, and of course he is, but you could really see it on the telecast. He doesn't show up the other team, he doesn't slam the ball down--he goes out, has fun, and plays to the best of his ability.

You have to love that.

Some great games this week-end, tipped off by that ending to the Broncos game. Did you see Marty yelling at that lineman, Ohshitsky or whatever his name is, all red in the face about to stroke out? That's how a lot of fantasy owners are this weekend, including yours truly.

All right: Mcnabb, out for the year. A couple games back, after that ridiculous start, I was about to try and move him knowing he couldn't keep that ridiculous level of play up, but then I said to myself--and I really need to never listen to myself--what if he does? Granted he won't be a stud week in, week out, but he'll still be a great QB.

Correction, worthless. I love the guy, but that's the world for you.

How about Favre? On my team, and now possibly off it. Doesn't seem serious, though, but still doesn't help the fact he did crapola for me this Sunday. Love the guy, you know the spiel.

Oh, what's that? Yes, I am the proud owner of the league's most pleasant surprise, one Marques Colston picked up as soon as Week 1 was finished. What happened? Early ankle injury in a game where Brees threw for over 500 yards, over 500 yards!

Hello, are you there God? Why, oh why do you hate me.

And then, Kevin Jones. Against Arizona, safe to start him...until he leaves the game with 8 rushing yards. Did this just happen? Am I...this can't be real.

I'm sure a lot of you have one or two of those players, or any number of other folks who got injured (I apologize for being selfish and focusing on my own team, hope you understand), but all four of them, all four starting, all four giving me crap?

And the worst part, the absolute worst is that I am still winning my week going into Monday night. I have a six point lead and Shockey going for me, my opponent has the Jaguars D and Fred Taylor.

Pray for me people, please, I need the help.

One of the reasons I'm winning is because of my defense (hey, defense wins championships they always say), the Carolina Panthers. Sickness. One of three shutouts, the other two being the Patriots and Bears...great game by the Patriots, let's not talk about the Jets just yet, not worth it, I say, just not worth it.

Chad Johnson cannot be stopped again, he had just an absolute monster game...slightly overshadowed by Lee Evans. Hello! Gore rushed for madman yards, but no touches was slightly disappointing, not that he cares. The 49ers spoiled Alexander's return, and that is that. How many thought the 49ers would be .500 past the halfway mark of the season? We did, just to pat ourselves some more...

The Colts lost. The greatest things about the Colts loss is that A. they were 1.5 favorites against a 5-4 team and B. this loss wasn't shocking, a la Rutgers beating Louisville or Rutgers losing to Cinn. the next week--though once again, we here at PPG weren't shocked by those two games at all.

What can I say, our backs are getting a little red now...

Anyway, both Jacksonville and the Giants want a win bad, so expect a good game. I'm leaning toward the Giants, but that's just because I need and want Shockey to give me 2 touchdowns, so yeah...

We'll see what happens. These upcoming weeks will be filled with playoff talk, and this is where the big boys step up.

Anyone have doubt that LT will be stepping up?

Didn't think so. Number 1 in the beginning, number 1 in the middle, and I am sure he will be number 1 in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home