Thursday, April 12, 2007

Random Notes

Good day to be a sports fan in the New York area. Devils and Rangers both came out to play, still a long series but it's always good to start off on the right foot. And how about the Mets? I saw Glavine walk three early on and I felt like punching some random person in the face, but he calmed down and is now 8 wins away from 300. Yeah, he'll get it this year.

Jimmy Rollins hit two homes today to lead the National League. He's one of my more favorite players, one of those guys I like to get for my fantasy team. The Phillies are hurting right now, but no worries. Once the weather heats up, once their boys start playing, they'll be fine. And the Nationals? Sure they beat the Braves today, but they are still hurting. And of course they beat Smoltz, another one of those guys I make a point to draft. I had a feeling too...

I hate fantasy. How about warm weather though, that's a fantasy I can live with. 50 games so far have been played in below 50 degree weather, as opposed to 12 last year. That's one of the principle reasons that scoring is down. The other main reason? Lack of steroids.

Well, great time for sports right now, a lot of convergences. Beginning of baseball, NHL and NBA playoffs, good times. A lot of betting now too, and a lot of craziness, that's for certain. One suggestion for people who want/can afford to, maybe take a little step away. Especially if you're just beginning, a lot of crap goes out the window in these situations, and you have to rely on more visceral information. But if you're comfortable with it, if you're already a professional handicapper, by all means, I have no wisdom to impart except a wish of good luck.

Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home