Thursday, April 19, 2007

Basketball Playoffs Set

Okay, so NHL didn't go as planned, necessarily. 50/50 with a lot of explanation that went for naught...for the most part. Pens Senators fizzled, Sharks Predators didn't live up to my heightened expectations, Buffalo Islanders as expected, Atlanta fell apart, Devils Lighting def as expected, crazy series there. All in all, not a bad start, but good enough, good enough.

So short and sweet, I'm going to run through the first round of the NBA. Just the winners, ma'am.

East
Detroit, Cleveland (no way Washington is winning this...but if they do, hugest upset since, I don't even know), and two upsets: one likely, Bulls over Heat. The other, Nets over Raptors. Likely as well, I mean, do you think Vince Carter is going to lose to the Raptors? And the Bulls dominated the Heat, so I can see the Heat winning this out. Rematch of last year, so I expect it to be good.

West
Dallas (Golden State sweeping this series is worth as much as my sperm to a hole in the ground), Phoenix (Kobe though will make it interesting, to talk about at least), Denver (upset special, they are hot and the Spurs, well, I hate the Spurs)...and in the best match-up, oh man. Screw it, Houston and T-Mac. I want him to win this, but Utah may be too good.

Let's see how this plays out, but we certainly got intriguing storylines...but then again, we always do. Let's hope it translates to some kick ass games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home