Thursday, April 26, 2007

Second Round NHL Playoffs

Hope no one is missing me. How did my bet on the Mets work this week VS Colorodo? 2 wins, 1 loss, eh. Not too bad. Money in my pocket. Anyhow, I'm taking a quick break to go over my hock stats and give my picks for round two.

Round One saw me go...4 and 4. But...you have to realize something. You didn't really expect me to gamble on Calgary over Detroit? Nor Atlanta over the Rangers (I didn't touch that one, until I realized that the Rangers were still hot hot hot...) And I was wrong about the Dallas winning in 7, but then again, I didn't bet that Game 7. Did not even think about it. As a fan I wanted Turco to win the big game, he had a great series, but...hey...that's why you don't bet on everything.

So, with all that in mind, my picks for round two are...

East

Sticking with the Devils as my Stanley Cup pick since December, they beat a very tough Ottawa team. I was a bit let down by their series VS the Penguins, but what can you do. This is going to be excellent hockey.

And sorry Rangers fans. I know I said this with you VS the Thrashers, but Buffalo is a little different. I do hope you win, seriously. Devils VS Rangers in the Eastern Conference Finals? That is as insane as it gets, and I want it to happen so bad...but Buffalo wins this. Or you know what? Screw it. Rangers win, and a week or so from now, Rangers and Devils go at it.

West

Okay. Ducks, another of my early favorites, handle business VS the Canucks. All of these series are going to be good by the way, the fan boy in me is rising up...

Because I'm going with Sharks over the Red Wings. Oh yeah, it's gonna happen.

Rangers VS Devils. Sharks Vs Ducks.

East Coast. West Coast.

East Coast wins...

Oh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home