Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Random Thoughts

So the Devils are in danger. Do I abandon them? Of course not. They have a solid team, and they can do this. The important thing is to not give Ottawa power plays, they are just scary with a man up. Brodeur has been shaky, really shaky, but well, it's do or die and they are one step away. Tell you what though, they come back from this, I will guarantee the Stanley Cup. And if Ottawa wins, they become the favorites to win the whole thing, telling you all right now.

Too many stories to talk about in baseball, Arod cooled down and what is up with Mariano? He is on my fantasy team and dragging me down, and I keep telling myself to just take him out, maybe pickup Valverde who is for some reason, still available in my league (but he's coming up against the Mets, ain't touching him just yet) but can you sit Rivera? That's how you win champions, or so they say. Last year when I won, I just stuck with my guys through thick and thin, as they say as well, and it turned out all right, so I might as well keep him in--sports investing wise, the lines are going down on the Yankees, and I think a streak is on the way. I made a nice bet the other day, second game of the Red Sox series, I just didn't think the Yankees were gonna lose 8 in a row. I got even money. Not bad.

Golden State and Dallas. Oh my god. Golden State is totally going to do this. I admit, I was down on them, I knew they were 3-0 but 8 seed over 1? Yeah, we think about it, yeah we like it when it happens, but do you wager on that? Could you wager? I didn't touch it, a buddy of mine put money on them to win the series, not a lot, but hey...he's totally rocking it. Speaking of Rocking, this Rockets Jazz series is awesome as well--as long as its in Houston. McGrady and company simply can't play in Utah, take that into consideration for tomorrow.

Cleveland, yawn, Detroit yawn...I almost forgot they were in. Nets Raptors is something special, however, and they should have won that game so bad. Nachbar, 0-7 from 3, who could see that coming? Oh well, they'll take care of business on Saturday. Go Nets...maybe you can sell out actually now.

And the draft...wow, I picked some week to take a break, huh? Well, everyone knows what happened, who did good. Go Cleveland, I'm a fan of the Jets moves, I hate the Patriots and their Madden team will be ridiculous, not bad for the Raiders though--they'll probably get Keyshawn, seeing him at the draft and then what happened, well, that's life. Dolphins are idiots. 49ers were solid, Bills were solid, who did the Giants draft again? Eh, they're all right. I really wanted them to take Brian Leonard, but hey, him and Stephen Jackson, Jesus. I still remember playing with Rutgers in College Football before they were good, every play, Leonard. I hope he makes it in the league, he's a special player.

Well, it's gonna take me a while to get back into form. Even though it's just been a week, you know how it is, feel out the stories, feel out the words, see how they fall...well, I'm back and ready to go. Let's go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home