Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Brackets

All right, CollegeBoy here with my bracket. Now, I'm technically on vacation, it's my Spring Break, so I won't be breaking anything down in detail, but I'll go with all the major picks and a couple upsets.

My elite 8 looks like this, very conservative. Ohio State, Texas A&M, Kansas, Georgetown, Florida, Oregon, UCLA, and North Carolina. Final Four is Ohio State, Oregon, UCLA, and Georgetown, I get a little risky there, as only one number 1 seed advances (which means I am rooting against every #1 except Ohio State from the fist game). Then my championship game is UCLA (though I really want to do Oregon, because if they catch fire, watch out) VS Ohio State and I am picking Ohio State to be the first number one seed overall since UConn to win the tourney. Why?

Oden = Okafor, but better.

I won big with UConn as my pick that year, so why not go with Ohio State this year. Now, some upset specials I have, Holy Cross in the Sweet 16, Duke over Pittsburgh to make it there as well (very fashionable to hate on Duke, but they got a crazy Sweet 16 streak going on, and I'm not one to bet against Coach K), George Washington to win over Oral Roberts to make it to the Sweet 16 (which doesn't sound right to me, but whatever). Then, I have Stanford over Louisville, but let it be known that I bet against Louisville and consistently lose. You think I would learn my lesson, right?

Nope. That's not my style.

I got Arkansas over USC and OD over Butler (seems to be the popular upset special) as my two 12 over 5 upsets, Coach Knight upsetting Boston College (a friend once told me Coach Knight is good for one win in the tourney, well, here we go), and Gonzaga over the Hoosiers.

Now, these #1 seeds are something truly special, and it's going to take a lot to beat them--and the safe conservative plays might be the best. I'm always a bit of a mix and masher. Well, I'm off today to go snowboarding for a couple days, I'm behind on a bunch of stuff that I want to post, but when I come back I hope to cram and get it all out.

March Madness, everyone. Here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home