Friday, March 16, 2007

Quick Hits NCAA, NBA

I knew it, I knew it. My gut said the big upset this year was that no 5-seed would lose, but how can I go in the face of such logic? Such overwhelming numbers? Also, why did I get carried away by so many upsets? Oh yeah, because it doesn't really matter. I got two other people in my pool who have the same champion as me, no one else has the same team finishing second (UCLA to Ohio State), so all that matters is that that match up happens. That happens, I win, end of story.

Still, it's always nice to get a lot of the first round picks right. VCU, I called it a couple posts ago, then I switched positions. I did the same thing with Holy Cross and Stanford and Arkansas for the wrong decision, and honestly, I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that I had to go on a snowboarding trip the next day--the day right before the tournament began, the day when historically I work my magic.

For all of you interested in Sports Investing, this is the number one reason why you employ a service such as the Positioning Group. Do you have the time to worry? Do you have the time to research? Isn't it much easier to let someone else do all the work for you? If the answer is yes, which it most likely is, well, you know what to do.

How boring was that first day of the tourney? Much better the next day, much more like I remembered it. There were even some early scares--well, there are always early scares for the top seed before they say to themselves, hey, how about we play now? What was up with Oregon though? I have them in the Final Four, and if they wind up winning all their games by 2, I may just well have a heart attack--not because all the games are close, but that I actually picked something right this year.

Well, we'll see how it all plays out, I guess.

How about the Heat? Geez, I didn't think they would fall apart completely, but I never imagined they would rock nine straight. I had them pegged for a low seed out in the first round type of deal, but now, they may even finish with home court advantage in the first round. Unfortunately for the Heat, the Cavs rattled off seven in a row, but still, if Cleveland stumbles down the stretch, the Heat can swoop in...assuming the inevitable cool down in Miami doesn't occur.

And the beasts of the East, the rejuvenated Detroit Pistons? They annihilated the Suns to go 5-0 on their West Coast trip, first time in fifteen years. West is so much better than the East, right? I mean, besides the last two of three champs being in the East, besides the fact the standings are grouped similar (minus a Dallas or Phoenix type team in the East), besides all the other facts that point otherwise, keep on thinking that. No seriously, as long as the public believes so much in the power of the East, we can do some maneuvering when it comes to working with the lines...

Oh, and Detroit's 5-0 swing out West? That makes them a prime candidate to lose their first game home due to one of my favorite trends, the only thing is they are playing Dallas, so who the hell knows what that line will be. Watch closely friends, but for now...it's time to hit the hay and start the train all over tomorrow.

Ohio State VS Xavier, nothing like a rivalry for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home