Thursday, March 22, 2007

May the Streaking Begin...

Lost heating up and so are the Mavericks. Let's talk a bit about the TV show and then we'll talk about what Dallas just did to Cleveland--it wasn't right friends, it wasn't right.

So Lost. The good news that came out a couple weeks back is that the creators want to cap the show at five seasons. This is a great move, it can't go on for much longer then that, it just can't. X-Files syndrome. And seriously, they have a nice flow as it stands, a nice overarching build. First season they introduced us to everyone/everything, got us interested, got us way too interested. Maybe a bad thing, too much attention in the beginning, too much intrigue, and too many people in the media and blogosphere trying to make it into something it's not.

Second season was all about the hatch, and I remember complaining during the season. I hate complainers, usually I'm like just watch the damn thing...but watching it back-to-back on DVD, all my problems (for the most part, I won't detail any here tho) evaporated like the 'smoke-monster' on a sunny island day. So third season rolled along and well, I just sat back and watch. Honestly, I used my sports investing philosophy. Research what you need to know, then sit back, watch, and enjoy. And, this season totally rocks.

Plus, it's a TV show. You know? Relax, crack open a beer, and have a good time...and if you do that, it really is a rewarding experience. Much like watching the Mavericks play.

Wow. Just wow. I turned on the game during commercials and they just ran a clinic on the Cavaliers squad. Cavs make a little noise, Terry busts them in the mouth. LeBron does something special, Dirk drills a shot. I saw Devin Harris run the court three times in a row, just blow by the Cleveland defenders. Fourth time down, everyone gave him more room than they gave HIV-Magic, he pulls up for a ten-foot jumper, swish--and I have a feeling if he wanted to go to the hole, he wouldn't have been denied.

They play such a consummate team game. Defense, offense, they got stars and role players, a guy who can take over the game, and one who can ice it. Veteran leadership and young fire all under a passionate coach and, well, we know what Cuban is like. This team is the real deal, and I honestly feel lucky to see them play. Not many teams are like this, and I cannot wait, I just cannot wait for the playoffs and god damn the asses who mess up Suns-Mavericks best of seven, god damn them to hell. I want to see it so bad, please, please, please...

Now, let's take a look at the upcoming schedule for Dallas. Boston, Atlanta and New Orleans to finish their long road trip--followed by the deal breaker. Everyone here must know my favorite NBA trend, (and for those who don't, it's teams returning from a long road trip tend to come out sluggish at home...) and a week from now, the Mavericks are coming home to play the Bucks on one day's rest. Now, I know it's the Bucks, but trends are trends for a reason. Still, if the Mavericks can beat the Bucks, it leaves the Knicks standing in the way of another double-digit win streak. They already have three streaks of ten games or more, can they have four?

So, Collegeboy, what are you saying? I'm telling all of you to go for it. Ride the Mavericks as they try to hit ten in a row again. You have six games. Take the moneyline, even if it's +400 against Atlanta. They'll hit ten. They will, and if not...well, hopefully they win 4 games or so to make up for that +400 bet. Honestly though, they did this three times, what's to stop them from four?

Those teams? Well, you heard it here and you know what I'm doing. Good luck boys and girls, and may the streaking begin.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home