Monday, March 19, 2007

Nashville first to 100...

Feel like it's been forever since I've talked about the NHL, but you know I still love you hockey, even though I don't say it all the time.

Anyhow, Nashville is the first team to hit 100 points this year, though Buffalo still has the inside track as they played one less game and have one less point. How important is the President's Cup? Not that important actually, and it can totally funk a team up, but hey--hardware is hardware, a team that got this far might as well finish it, right? Also, home ice (the glory of the number 1 seed in everything but the NCAA) is always key.

Hottest team right now is Colorado, giving all they got to make the final spot in the playoff picture. More importantly, I entered fantasy NHL playoffs as a number one seed, and one of my goalies is Mr. Peter Budaj, thank you, thank you...(I also have Turco and Giguere) There's only one problem. Last week, when I was on a bye, my team ripped it as usual. This week, I'm up against my good friend, and he has 7 players who have 4 games this week. I had 0 until I added one, and I'm going to be playing a game of musical chairs with two roster spots, hoping to make the right decision. Yes, I know it's fantasy hockey. Yes, I know no one cares.

But I do. And I made it this far, why not finish it? After all, pride is pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home