Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yao and the Rockets...

Tonight the Positioning Group sent out advice to the effect that the Rockets would beat the 76ers. Now, in my short career as a handicapper, when I look at the scores and see a win I wagered on win by 20 points or so, I feel pretty good about myself. I feel as if I have some understanding about what is going on. Well, how do you feel after winning a game by 50 points?

How do you feel if you bet on the 76ers to either win outright or even took the points in this one, only to lose by 50 points? To be on the losing end of a 124-74 score? That has got to hurt.

The Rockets are now 6-2 against the spread since the big man returned (6-2 overall as well), and things are looking pretty happy down in Houston. Like I profiled them earlier, do not sleep on the Rockets. They are a bit underrated, as it makes sense--I mean, who really compares against the Mavericks and Suns right now? But the Rockets are one of those teams I'm worried about, a team that can ruin my dream match up between the Suns and Mavs in the Western Conference Finals.

In other Sports Investing news, the Positioning Group also was on the winning end of the Miami/Orlando game tonight (3-1 in tonight's action, FYI). A couple posts ago, I wrote about the inevitable cooling of the Heat, the question now is does this cooling pattern hold, or do the Heat return to their winning ways? Their next six games are at Atlanta, Indiana, Toronto and Minnesota sprinkled with two home games VS the 76ers and Atlanta.

It is vitally important for the Heat to go at least 4-2 over this stretch. Wednesday's game in Atlanta becomes huge, and as always, we'll be watching with our Sports Investing eyes tuned closely on this latest development...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home