Friday, March 23, 2007

Kobe Christ

He did it again, 50 points. A couple posts ago I proclaimed with supreme confidence that he was done, wouldn't hit 50 though I had an inkling he'd finish in the high 30's...

Or how about a flat 50. Seriously, incredible. That's the only word to describe it, on back to back nights, 50 or more points to lead your team to close victories--it's not like he's hitting the 50 spot in blowouts, he is singlehandedly winning these games, singlehandedly willing his team to cement the sixth playoff spot.

Also, just, hey, I'm just gonna say it. All this talk about Nash or Dirk for MVP...where would the Lakers be without Kobe? Imagine if he passes Wilt's streak of seven games? When you put together a performance like this, this late in the season, rising above everyone else...hey, anything is possible. The voters are only human, and if he continues this pace, all I'm saying is don't be surprised if he wins MVP. I mean, odds are all on Dirk no doubt, but still...

50 is 50.

And yes, I'll say it again. He won't hit 50 next game. Not against...Golden State? Hmm. Okay. I won't say anything. I'll just watch and enjoy and honestly, I'm rooting for him. Hell, 50+ is always a crazy game to watch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home